1. Work, economy and disability in the British coalfields
2. Medicalising miners in the twentieth century? Medicine, care and rehabilitation
3. Systems of financial support for disabled miners and their families
4. Social relations in the construction and experience of disability
5. The politicisation of disability
6. Disability in coalfields literature 1880-1948 Bibliography Index -- .
Steven Thompson is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of History and Welsh History at Aberystwyth University Mike Mantin was Research Fellow for the Disability and Industrial Society project Kirsti Bohata is Professor of English and Director of CREW, the Centre for Research into the English Literature and Language of Wales at Swansea University Alexandra Jones was on a Full PhD Studentship for the Disability and Industrial Society project -- .