With indispensable models that will help you make the most out of every business opportunity, this book tells you what you need to know, fast.
Part 1: Management1. Change management: Kotter's eight-step model2. Cognitive biases in decision making
3. Emotional intelligence4. Negotiating techniques: BATNA5. 360-degree assessmentPart 2: Marketing
6. Multichannel marketing
7. The 4 Ps of marketing8. Pricing strategies: dynamic pricing9. Product life cycle
10. Segmentation and personalised marketingPart 3: Strategy11. The BCG growth-share matrix12. Blue ocean strategy
13. Core competence and the resource-based view
14. Five forces analysis
15. Game theory: the prisoner's dilemma Part 4: Innovation and entrepreneurship16. Design thinking17. Disruptive innovation
18. The lean startup19. Open innovation
20. Scenario planningPart 5: Finance21. Capital asset pricing model22. Capital budgeting23. Ratio analysis24. Valuing the firm25. Weighted average cost of capital
Julian Birkinshaw is Professor and Chair of Strategy & Entrepreneurship at LBS. He's a Fellow of the British Academy & holds PhD & MBA degrees. He was recently placed 39th on the global "Thinkers 50" list of thought leaders in the field of management. Ken Mark is a businessman, entrepreneur, research & writer. He's written more than 100 case studies for use in MBA classrooms.