1. Introduction Laura Dolp;
2. Empathy and tintinnabuli music in film Maria Cizmic;
3. Part and the sound of one hand clapping Robert Sholl;
4. Part and the experience of the neutral Sander van Maas;
5. Ethos and the industry of culture Laura Dolp;
6. An ethnography of spirituality Kythe Heller;
7. Politics and protest Michael Palmese;
8. Sonic embodiment C. J. May;
9. Performing Part Andrew Shenton.
Laura Dolp's interdisciplinary research explores the historical agency of music as a site of human transformation, including music and spirituality, the interrelation of music and social spaces, mapping and musical practices, and the poetics of the natural world. She is co-contributor of The Cambridge Companion to Arvo Part (Cambridge, 2012) and Artistic Citizenship: Artistry, Social Responsibility, and Ethical Praxis (2016). Her work also appears in altrelettere, 19th-Century Music, and the Journal of Musicological Research.