A comprehensive handbook for understanding and using essential oils
Preface. Section 1: Aromatic Therapy.
1. A historical perspective.
2. Aromatic therapy.
3. Scent and the significance of olfaction.
4. The transdermal and inhalation routes.
5. Botanical principles and the biogenesis of volatile oils.
6. Essential oil chemistry.
7. Aromatic pharmacognosy.
8. Aromatic formulations. Section 2: Aromatics.
9. The Angiospermae.
10. The Gymnospermae. Glossary. Appendices. References. Further Reading. Resources.
Jennifer Peace Rhind is a Chartered Biologist with a Ph.D. from the University of Strathclyde and qualifications in massage and aromatherapy. She has worked in flavour research and product development, as a therapist and partner in a multidisciplinary complementary healthcare clinic, in education and course development, and as a lecturer in Higher Education. She is an author, writer, mentor and essential oils consultant. She lives in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland.