Motivations for the book R. David Lamie and Steven Deller
1. Local foods systems and community economic development Steven C. Deller, David Lamie, and Maureen Stickel
2. Rural wealth creation of intellectual capital from urban local food system initiatives: Developing indicators to assess change Todd M. Schmit, Becca B. R. Jablonski, Jennifer Minner, David Kay, and Libby Christensen
3. Food access, local foods, and community health Steven Deller, Amber Canto, and Laura Brown
4. The impacts of the Farmers Market and Local Food Promotion programs Jeffrey K. O'Hara and Carlos Coleman
5. The Local Agrifood System Sustainability/Resilience Index (SRI): Constructing a data tool applied to counties in the southern United States John J. Green, Jim Worstell, and Caroline Canarios
R. David Lamie is a Professor at Clemson University where his work focuses on agricultural and regional development with an emphasis on next generation farmer development, agritourism, regional food systems, and niche market development for specialty crops. Steven C. Deller is a Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a Community Development Specialist with the Division of Extension. His research focuses on trying to understand the changing rural economy with an emphasis on identifying strategies that can improve local economic conditions.