1. Fundamentals of Nanoscale Electronic Devices 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Free Electron theory and Quantum theory 1.2 Origin of band gap in solids 1.3 Tight binding approximation 1.4 Low dimensional materials 1.5 Quantum confinement in low dimensional materials 1.6 Density of states in bulk materials 1.7 Density of states in 2D, 1D and 0D materials 1.8 Examples of 0D, 1D and 2D materials 1.9 Non-Equilibrium green's Function (NEGF) 1.10 Density Function Theory (DFT) 1.11 Summary 1.12 References
2. Carbon Nanotubes and their Device Applications 2.0 Introduction 2.1 Physical properties of Carbon nanotubes (CNTs) 2.2 Ballistic transport and Quantum conductance in CNTs 2.3 CNT two probe devices 2.4 CNT Field Effect Transistors (CNT-FETs) 2.5 CNT logic gates 2.6 CNT sensors 2.7 CNT photo-detectors and Photoresistors 2.8 CNT Interconnects 2.9 CNT memories 2.10 Summary 2.11 References
3. Electronic Transport Properties of Doped Carbon Nanotube Devices 3.0 Introduction 3.1 Doping methods and techniques 3.2 Transport properties of two probe CNT devices 3.3 Effects of doping on electronic transport properties of two probe CNT systems 3.4 Negative Differential Resistance (NDR) in CNT-FET and CNT-MOSFET 3.5 NDR in chromium doped single walled carbon nanotube devices 3.6 Comparative study of conventional and electrical doping in CNT devices 3.7 Transport properties of CNT bio-molecule sensors 3.8 Summary 3.9 References
4. Field Effect Transistors Based on Graphene and Other Popular Two Dimensional Materials 4.0 Introduction 4.1 Graphene Field Effect Transistors (GFETs) 4.2 Molybdenum disulphide Field Effect Transistors (MoS2-FETs) 4.3 Molybdenum Selenide Field Effect Transistors (MOSe2 -FETs) 4.4 Tungsten disulphide Field Effect Transistors (WS2-FETs) 4.5 Silicene Field and Germenene Effect Transistors 4.6 Summary 4.7 References
5. Gate and Channel Engineered Nanoscale Electronic Devices 5.0. Introduction to Nanoscale devices 5.1. Non-Conventional Solutions to Miniaturization Problems 5.2. Gate and Channel Engineering Techniques 5.3. Multi-gate Multi-material MOSFET 5.4. Multi-gate Multi-material Tunnel FET 5.5. Summary 5.6. References
6. Spin Nanoscale Electronic Devices and their Applications 6.0. Introduction to Spintronics 6.1. Spin Devices 6.2 Summary 6.3 References
7. Phase Change Devices and their Applications 7.0. Introduction 7.1. Phase Change Memory (PCM) 7.2. Memristor 7.3. Resistive Random Access Memory (RRAM) 7.5. Summary 7.6. References
Khurshed Ahmad Shah is presently working as Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, S. P. College, Cluster University Srinagar, J&K, India. He did his Doctorate in Physics from Jamia Millia Islamia, Central University, New Delhi, India, and Master of Philosophy through University of Kashmir, Srinagar, India. Dr. Shah has the privilege to work with renowned Scientists Prof. C. N. R Rao in the year 2016, 2017 and 2018. He has co-authored four books and published good number of research papers in National and International peer reviewed journals including Elsevier and Springer journals. Besides has presented his research work in many National and International Conferences. He has successfully handled three National level major research projects as Principal Investigator and under these projects has established two research laboratories. The awards in his name include Indian National Science Academy Visiting Scientist Fellowship 2019-20, J&K State Innovative Science Teacher Award- 2013, Jawahar-Lal Memorial Fellowship for Doctorial Studies-2006 and topped at the National level, Young Scientist Fellowship-2010, besides awarded many prizes in various competitions organized by Department of Science & Technology. Dr. Shah is editorial board member and reviewer of many scientific journals besides he is member of many scientific and academic associations. He has delivered number of extension lectures in the frontier area of Science and Technology- Nanotechnology at state and national level and gave coaching to students for competitive examinations. Farooq Ahmad Khanday received M. Sc., M. Phil. and Ph.D. Degrees from the University of Kashmir, India in the year 2004, 2010 and 2013 respectively. He joined the Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Technology, University of Kashmir, Srinagar, India as Assistant Professor in May, 2010. His research interest includes Nano-Electronics, Low-voltage Analog integrated circuit design, Fractional-order Circuits Neuromorphic Computing, Stochastic Computing and Biomedical Circuit Design. He is author or co-author of more than 80 publications in peer reviewed indexed International and National journals/conferences of repute and two book chapters. He is the Management Committee (MC) observer of the COST Action CA15225 (Fractional-order Systems) of European Union. Besides, he is the member of several profession societies and serving as a reviewer for many International and National scientific journals in Electronics. He has successfully guided two Ph. D scholars and currently seven Ph. D. scholars are under his supervision. Furthermore, he has completed two research projects as Principal Investigator besides one major research project is ongoing under his guidance to the tune of ~Rs. 54 Lacs funded by SERB-DST, Govt. of India, under EMR scheme.