Appendix A: From the Juvenilia
1. from Volume the First: "The Three Sisters".
2. from Volume the Second: "From a young Lady in distress'd Circumstances to her freind". Appendix B: From Austen's letters to her sister Cassandra
1. 8-9 January 1799
2. 11 June 1799
3. 29 January 1813
4. 4 February 1813 Appendix C: Contemporary Periodical Reviews of Pride and Prejudice.
1. from The British Critic
2. from The Critical Review Appendix D: From the Conduct Books
1. James Fordyce, Sermons to Young Women (1766)
2. John Gregory, A Father's Legacy (1774) Appendix E: Domestic Tourism
1. William Watts, Seats of the Nobility (1779)
2. William Bray, Sketch of a Tour into Derbyshire (1777) Appendix F: Burke on the French Revolution (1790) Appendix G: Discussion of Women's Role after the French Revolution
1. Mary Wollstonecraft, A Vindication of the Rights of Woman (1792)
2. Hannah More, Strictures on Female Education (1799) Appendix H: The Militia Regiments on the South Coast of England in 1793-95
1. Women at the Brighton camp
2. The mutiny of the Oxfordshire Militia
Robert P. Irvine is a Senior Lecturer in English Literature at the University of Edinburgh.